LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1017971859

From: "Trevor and Jill" <>
Subject: [Lon] The Temple Church et al
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:27:39 +0930

Hello everyone

I have some baptisms at the above church

One says
19.4.1762 - Frances Marie, daughter of William Hutton of the Inner Temple,
peruke maker

and then

29.2.1756 - John Harriman, son of William and Mary Hutton of the Middle
Temple, peruke maker

Could someone please tell me what the references to Inner and Middle Temples
mean?

ALSO - does anyone have any idea about the name Harriman? I have this
Hutton family in Devon with father and son having the middle name Harriman,
I have found a Harriman Hutton in Spilsby and now the above John Harriman
Hutton. I dont know if its a common name or if it ties all my Huttons
together.

ALSO

I have someone who is a Major in the Indian Army - is there a mailing list
that covers the British in India? I could not see one but then I can't find
my glasses either.

Kind Regards
Jill
Strathablyn