LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1018032784

Subject: Re: [Lon] London trade directory look-up please, ca. 1851
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 19:53:09 +0100 (BST)

Hello Carolyn
I've checked the 1856 Post Office Directory and nothing immediately leaps out at me. The only 2 I could find of any interest were:

James SHEPHARD (note the 'A'), writer on glass, 16 Aston Place, Holloway Road.

Charles SHEPHERD, optician, 56 Myddleton Street & St James' Walk, Clerkenwell.

There were James SHEPHERDs, but nothing to do with glass or opticians.

Joanna in Coventry