LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1018107376

From: "Maureen Kristjanson" <>
Subject: [Lon] KEEP
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 07:36:16 -0800

Hi list,

I am trying to link my several times over great-grandfather, William Allden
KEEP with his father, William KEEP. Both were tailors.

William Allden was born in London in 1816 and married Susanna Warren of
Swanage, Dorset in Sept 1836. I have the 1851 Census which shows them
living in Biggleswade, Bedford as follows:

Wiliam Keep age 35 born london
Susanna Keep age 35 born Dorset
Sara Emma Keep age 13 born London
Susanna Ann Keep age 10 born London
William Henry Keep age 8 born London
Julia Jane Keep age 2 born Biggleswade

I know William Allden & Susanna had Francis Samuel born 1852 Biggleswade and
Fanny Georgina born 1854 Biggleswade.

I got a copy of the marriage record from the Family History Centre. I'm not
quite sure what to do with it next. It shows their marriage, but unlike
post 1837 certificates, it doesn't show their fathers.

William Allden was married a second time in 1871 in Middlesex to Elizabeth
Watkins.

I wonder what the likelihood that the middle name "Allden" was his mother's
maiden name?

Thank you.

Maureen Kristjanson,
Richmond, BC Canada