LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1018194198

From: "Mark Kirby" <>
Subject: [Lon] BARRELL.... HELP?
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 16:48:14 +0100

Dear All,

I once again turn to the London mailing list in times of desperation...
you have always appeared to be the most helpful and resourceful in times
gone by......

I have tried via other mailing lists and resources to trace the genealogy
of my grt grandmaother NELLIE BARRELL.

Nellie was born in 1888 or 89 and married Ernest James RICKARD of Wingrave,
Buckinghamshire in September 1909. This paucity of information has come down
in family records and is by no means certain. It is thought that Nellie came
from Coulsdon in Surrey but again we are not sure. Her marriage could have
been in Bucks or Surrey.

Does anyone know anything about BARRELL's in Surrey ?? Perhaps someone
might have access to the 1891 census for Coulsdon or surrounds in which she
should be a young girl??

I regard Surrey as having many links to London genealogy so I hope you
will not regard it as inappropriate that I post here.

I would appreciate any help or advice that anyone can provide.

Regards
Mark Kirby

This thread: