LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1018609693

From: "Caroline Mannix" <>
Subject: [Lon] Greenhouse on Wheels!
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:08:13 +0100

I have just found out that my gggrandfather John Arnold ALDRIDGE was a market gardener in the 1880's in Petersham and have found mention of him in an article concerning Amos PERRY.

Apparently John had made a greenhouse on wheels that was drawn along railway tracks by horses.

I would love to find a picture of the greenhouse - it sounds fascinating.

If anyone could help me with this I would be very grateful.

Regards,
Caroline
Researching:
ALDRIDGE, ROSE, JEWSON, WATERS, WORSFOLD, CHEESEMAN - Surrey SHAW - London
BOXALL (1), Surrey, BOXALL (2), Sussex MATTHEWS - Hampshire UZZELL - Gloucestershire
MANNIX - London/Ireland? FIELD - Herts/London? RANDALL - London/Wiltshire?
LAST - Essex/London ALLAM - Herts/Surrey WILLDER - Kent/London?
HARDING(1) - Essex HARDING(2)-Surrey ROOTS - Kent

This thread: