LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1018777424

From: "Chris Broadhurst" <>
Subject: [Lon] Free Data percentages
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 10:44:00 +0100

Hi,

I am one of those people who can not easily get to a Records Office or FHC
to use the BMD index and so I find the FreeBMD site very useful for filling
in odds and ends! Reading Parish Registers is something I have not managed
at all. So the Internet is extremely useful.

Everytime they update the FreeBMD data, I find (at least) another entry - in
fact I have 15% of my people present, so far, and 25% in the IGI, and just
under 25% in the 1881 census.

I only have a relatively small group of names so far - just over 250. Does
everybody else have these sort of percentages or am I lucky?

Chris

This thread: