LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1018808217

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Thomas Mooress De la Valley
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 19:16:57 +0100

In message <B8D53C80.472D%>, Paul Tidman
<> writes
>I've just received from a relative some notes (given to him some years ago
>by yet another relative) taken from the will of "Thomas Mooriss De Lavelley
>of Brown Street corner of Moor street Portman Square St. Marylebone
>shoemaker, made 26 March 1810. The will asks that he 'be buried at Bunhill
>Fields burial grounds as near as can be to my late wife."
So he was almost certainly a nonconformist, since they filled most of
the ground.
>I'm wondering
>whether there might be a marker.
The site was cleared back for a sitting out place in the City. The
tombstones were recorded and a floppy disc with all the burials is sold
by West Surrey FHS (the publishers) or Back to Roots Computer supplies
in Gloucester (who advertise in FTM). If there is any difficulty in
locating them, come back and I will rummage for the details (everything
in 50 odd boxes after our Family History Feast day, so not easy to lay
hands on just now)

>s: [PCC will reference
>PROB 11 1785/267] if that is of any help. Thanks.
You could get a copy from the PRO, but they charge a minimum 10 pounds
for postal oreders, (unless things have improved lately) so getting a
researcher to collect it would probably be cheaper.

--
Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society

This thread: