LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1018831679

From: "Pam Jansen" <>
Subject: [Lon] Please Advise, We can't find him!!!!
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:47:59 -0700

We have been searching for ever it seems, and are so frustrated. Can anyone help please. We are waiting for 1901 of course, but have made endless futile attempts in 1891, 1881, mailing lists, message boards, We have ordered numerous birth certificates, (always the wrong parents!) What else can we do?? Please help, one hundred heads have to be better than two! :)

James WALKER or BROUGHTON (explanation below)
Born: 17 Oct. 1891 in (Surrey? London Docks?, Rotherhithe, ????) to Mary Walker and possibly John Walker (a sailor).
Married: 6 June, 1925 in South Australia (Flinders) to Evelyn Edith SMITH.
Died: ? in Australia

(Had 9 siblings, only 3 are known to us, Donald, Roy, Doris.)

James Walker/Broughton was in the Navy (Royal Australian we think).
He was either born to Mary Walker and John Broughton , or possibly Mary was married before, and John Broughton adopted him at a later date.

All we know for sure is the birth date and siblings. Can You Help?

Pam and Jim
(Of U.S.A. and Australia)

This thread: