LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1019019785

From: "Mrs W.A. Lavers" <>
Subject: [Lon] Thanks & LONDON- P.O. Court Directory?
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:33:05 +0930

Greetings,

Thank you all for your help on and off list.- I trust I have written to you
all individually -if not please excuse me.

The answers were so varied, each one had a special bit of information,
every one was useful, even those sent from years outside the years I had given.

There is one thing that puzzles me very much:
In the 1856 Post Office Directory, in the Court directory section,
William LAVERS (unrelated??) is found at 28 Park Street, Islington.

I know of 2 Courts - the Royal one and the Judiciary one - can someone
please tell me
a) which Court is here referred to?
b) which criteria were used to enter a person into this list?

Regards
Anne

This thread: