LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1019029881

From: "Linda Neesham" <>
Subject: [Lon] 1851 census lookup
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:51:21 +0100

Dear List

Could I please repost my question.

I wonder if SKS can help me. Sometime after the death of his father
my 2x gt grandfather John (aka John Thomas) NEESHAM moved from
Warwickshire to London with his brothers and I believe his mother
Elizabeth. I am trying to trace him and his mother on the 1851
census. I have found his brother William residing in the 1851 census
in Clerkenwell, after having been married in Stepney and having a
child born in Shoreditch. John was married in 1854 in Waterloo, but
is not on the 1851 census for James Street which is the address shown
on his marriage certificate.

I don't know how feasible it is to ask if anybody has any London
district indexes of the 1851 census to keep an eye open for John and
Elizabeth Neesham but I have hit a brick wall and would be grateful
for any assistance.

Thank you

Linda