LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1019042297

From: "Jenny Myers" <>
Subject: [Lon] Encouragement and New Found Family
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:33:35 +1000

Having read the success stories posted over the past few days, I too will
endorse Liz's words about message boards etc. especially when I hadn't had
any response from members of the London list researching the same names as
myself over a period of 2 or more years.

I posted to a message board back in Jan. of 1999 my brickwalls relating to
my mother's family of William Charles VAUGHAN married to Jane Fanny WORMS,
since that time I searched back to Colin and Mary MUNRO's daughter Elizabeth
marrying 1838 Bloomsbury to Moris WORMS, father Henry.

With these families owning their own businesses (furniture, chairmakers and
french polishers) I managed to track down addresses through the various
directories and finally the confirming of IGI entries for baptism (all many
years after birth) by finding the WORMS siblings living with a married
sister on the 1881 census and another with a marriage entry on the BVRI CDs.

Just over two weeks ago I had an email from a lady in Melbourne in response
to my Vaughan Message Board, it was wonderful to find that she is a 3rd
cousin descended from the first of the three WORMS sister to arrive in
Melbourne 1877, this I had no knowledge of.

When unsubscribing from the London list to go into hospital I said I would
rejoin and list the many names of people and families whose photos appear in
my grandmother's (Edith Janet ROWLAND nee JONES) photo albums. It is now
after corresponding with Lesley in Melbourne, these albums are no longer the
pieces of jigsaw I once had, they are now a complete picture of Lesley's and
my family from London and SRY, also the family of ROWLAND and MILES from SSX
and SRY related to Alison Causton in Canada (another 3rd cousin), with a few
friends included.

My next venture is into the Great Synagogue of London to find more
information on Hyam WORMS and Hannah LEVY married 1798, and the records of
CHRIST'S HOSPITAL, London (Blue Coats) for VAUGHAN information if it is not
forthcoming on a Death Certificate of 1892.

Keep working on it, it has to be out there somewhere! Some Worms just take
a little
longer to come out of the woodwork!

Regards
Jenny