LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1019166567

From: "Ann Duncan" <>
Subject: Re [Lon] Electoral Registers ?????
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:49:27 +0100

Hi Kerry,

I can`t answer all your questions re the electoral registers, but I can tell
you what I found out for myself.

The Local Studies Library (check on Google for addresses) for most areas
will hold the records. Some charge for giving information in hard copy,
others will give you info on a single address for nothing via email.
All of my info has been for post WW1, has listed the names of all the
eligible people living at the relevant address.
Apparently there were several types of elections that people could be
eligible for, though quite what they were I don`t know apart from guessing
that they might have been regional/council/national.

Good luck

Ann D

This thread: