LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1019248729

From: "Frances Peacock" <>
Subject: [Lon] Elusive Marriage ALMOND & WEST
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:38:49 +0100

Dear fellow listers,
I am tearing my hair out looking for this one! Can anyone offer any
suggestions on finding a marriage which I have scoured the FRC Indexes for
three times without success.

The couple I am look for are Susanna(h) ALMOND and Joshua WEST, probably
married between 1866-1870.
Susannah was born in 1850 in Islington, and Joshua was born 1843 in
Kingsland, Middx.
Their eldest child, Frederick, was born 28 June 1870 in Poplar, Middx. His
birth certificate and that of his sister's are very clear about their
mother's 'former' surname.

I have found several marriage entries for Susannah/Susan ALMONDs between
1868-1874 but none of them have corresponding entries for Joshua West.
Likewise the only entry found for a Joshua WEST (Jun 1871) does not have a
correspondong entry for Almond. I've also searched a number of variations
of the name Almond but with no result.

I suppose they might not have married at all, but I can't help feeling I've
overlooked something, somewhere.
Any suggestions would be very greatly appreciated, before I end up
completely bald !

Frances
in Enfield, Middx.

This thread: