LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1019326910

From: "PearlB" <>
Subject: [Lon] Ships to the US
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 19:22:06 +0100

I am hoping SKS can help me trace my g.grandfather. I'm sure I have
seen in the past, websites for tracing people who left the UK for
foreign shores. My g.grandfather (story tells) was a wild youth and
went to the US for a period, to ride bareback (quite what that means I
don't know!)

Henry George JACKSON was born in 1853, I have found him on the 1861,
1881 census and in London in 1890, when he married my g.grandmother. If
he did go to the US for a period of time, say about 1869/70, is there
anywhere I can look to try and find him?

Pearl
Luton

I use HYPERLINK
"http://www.archivecdbooks.org/"http://www.archivecdbooks.org/ in my
research

Searching for:
CROCKER & RIGGS - Dorset
TRIM - Dorset, Devon & Cornwall
DAWS, Surrey
JACKSON, Westmill, Sandon, Therfield, etc. Hertfordshire
PARKER, London/Middlesex
PIKE, Wiltshire
At the Moment ;-)

---