LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1019340059

From: "Russell Hancock" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Naming children
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 23:00:59 +0100

Maria

I am not convinced there was a pattern by the time second
names became popular.

My great grandfather was John Richard after his father and
grandfather
His eldest was not John John but John William.
My grandfather was John Bright after the reformer

Some combinations just sound right.
Frederick George, William Henry, John Joseph, Mark Richard,
John Thomas, but not the reverse
Edward, Henry and James are more often middle names

Russell Hancock