LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1019587191

Subject: [Lon] Re: George Sherry
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:39:51 EDT

I am helping my friend David Chattaway seek information on a relative of his
George Sherry. We have a death announcement and its posted below. Dave has
had this death announcement in the family for many years and is not sure just
how he is related. His mother has passed on, and there is no one to ask who
this
person is or how he is related to Dave. He just knows he is a relative. So,
that is
where we are, in the beginning of our search. We would appreciate any
information
or help of any kind. We have received a few messages already and now know
that
Bethnel Green is in the North East side of London.
Sacred to the Memory
of the late
Mr George Sherry
Who departed this life August 19, 1876
Age 39 years
was Interred in Ilford Cemetery
in class common 21723
Grieve not, dear wife, for I am at rest,
Grieve not, dear children, for I am blest;
Grieve not, dear friends, I leave a world of care
To meet my God; to follow me, prepare.

An affectionate husband and father dear
A faithful friend lies buried here;
Free from malice, void of pride,
So he lived, and so he died.
on the bottom it says J Britton, Undertaker and Carriage Master, 50, Hare
Street, Bethnal Green.

This death announcement is absolutely beautiful! Its done in a white thick
cardboard,
(off white now, lol) with 2 angels on the bottom, one on each side,
grieving,
on top a lady grieving with an angel on the other side, I just can't begin to
describe how beautiful this is.

Dave would not only like to find out how he is related to this person, but
would also
like to share a copy of this beautiful announcement, we are just sure there
must be
a member of this family out there somewhere, that would love and treasure
this
beautiful and unique death announcement.

Colleen

This thread: