LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1019698490

Subject: [Lon] Franklin occupation
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:34:50 EDT

Thanks to someone on the mailing list, I found a possible lead on an elusive
relative. In the 1902 London PO Directory she came up with a possible
connection for me.

Joseph FRANKLIN & Son, Boot Manufacturers, 58, 60 & 62 White Lion Street,
East London. Trading as "Footplates". Telephone: 1579 Avenue

I'm pretty sure this may be my great grandfather and his dad. I am in the
US. Does anyone know how I might get more information about these people or
about the place of business?

My helper also mentioned that this may now be called Folgate Street.

Thanks,
Laura

This thread: