LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1019932319

From: "John Henley" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] POWLEY - Acton
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:31:59 +0100

Hi Caroline,
----- Original Message ----- From: "Caroline Mannix"
<>
> I am hoping that someone will be able to help me trace the parents of
these two children.
> > Robert POWLEY born Hammersmith abt 1872
> > Maud POWLEY born Hammersmith abt 1878
> > On the 1881 census night they were staying with their Aunt and Uncle,
Samuel Solomon JEWSON and Mary Ann JEWSON (nee STACEY) and their son
Percival JEWSON.> > If anyone can help me trace the parents of these two or
have any POWLEY links to JEWSON or STACEY I would love to hear from them.
> > Regards,> Caroline

Have you tried FreeBMD? If they are not among the 30% of index entries so
far uploaded, you will need to search the Quarterly GRO birth indexes either
at the FRC in London or in a major library or LDS centre.
Cheers

John Henley
(still catching up on masses of emails )
using Archive CDs - see
http://www.archivecdbooks.org
and researching (and not finding much time for - but always very glad to
hear of any)
HENLEY, PARKER, PRENTICE, SECKER, RAPER, DURDEN
[IN London/Middx./Essex/Suffolk]
ROLFE, (O)RAFFERTY, EVANS, PARSONS, SYMONDS [IN Berks/Hants/Wilts]
HILL [IN Staffs/Cambs/Berks]

This thread: