LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1020080399

From: Robert Turnbull <>
Subject: [Lon] 1891 census - page numbering
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:39:59 -0400

At 01:51 AM 4/29/02 -0600, you wrote:
><snip>
The foliopage doesn't match up with the thumbnails or the page number in
the reader. The only way I can find streets is to keep scrolling through
from that point, I usually find it further on than they say.

If the 1901 census is not in Adobe Acrobat format, you can stop reading here.
If it is, does it have introductory pages numbered i, ii, iii, iv etc.? I
have noticed in other Adobe Acrobat documents, that there is a problem with
page references because of the way Adobe numbers pages. The pages are
numbered including the pages in Roman numerals. So, if there are 10
introductory pages, then page 5 of the work itself would be found at page
15 of the Adobe format.

HTH

Robert Turnbull, Toronto, Canada

This thread: