LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1020154121

From: "John Henley" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Occupation PEA SORTER
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:08:41 +0100

Hi Diana,
----- Original Message ----- From: "Diana Ford" <>
> I am one of many who is transcribing the 1891 London Census for FREECENS.
> While transcribing, I have come across some interesting named occupations
and I am curious why one would be sorting peas.....PEA SORTER.
> Does anyone know anything about this job.> > Regards,> Diana Sydney

Whilst I suppose he may have been sorting peas I wonder if the it may be
careless handwriting - Tea Sorter, perhaps?
Was he near the river? Perhaps ypu could share the reference and address
with the list, so we could have a look?
Cheers

John Henley
(still catching up on masses of emails )
using Archive CDs - see
http://www.archivecdbooks.org
and researching (and not finding much time for - but always very glad to
hear of any)
HENLEY, PARKER, PRENTICE, SECKER, RAPER, DURDEN
[IN London/Middx./Essex/Suffolk]
ROLFE, (O)RAFFERTY, EVANS, PARSONS, SYMONDS [IN Berks/Hants/Wilts]
HILL [IN Staffs/Cambs/Berks]

This thread: