LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1020160427

From: "John Henley" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Theophilus JAMES
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:53:47 +0100

Hi Jane,
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jane McKeown" <>
> Thank you for suggestions that his name was possibly Thomas etc instead
but
> I think it was Theophilus as his daughter Margaret used it as a second
name
> for one of her sons. I think they were originally from Cardigan -
possibly
> a more common name there.> > Jane

I wasn't suggesting that his name was Thomas, rather that on its way to the
directory, Theo. or Theos. had become mis-read as Tho. or Thos. and so
appeared in print as Thomas.
Cheers

John Henley
(still catching up on masses of emails )
using Archive CDs - see
http://www.archivecdbooks.org
and researching (and not finding much time for - but always very glad to
hear of any)
HENLEY, PARKER, PRENTICE, SECKER, RAPER, DURDEN
[IN London/Middx./Essex/Suffolk]
ROLFE, (O)RAFFERTY, EVANS, PARSONS, SYMONDS [IN Berks/Hants/Wilts]
HILL [IN Staffs/Cambs/Berks]

This thread: