LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1020182882

From: "Jayne Grace" <>
Subject: [Lon] Deceased?
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:08:02 -0400

I wonder if anyone could advise me. If a father had died at the time of his daughter's wedding was he ALWAYS put down as deceased (or only if the information is offered). I have a Grandfather I am searching for (info only) and he was believed to have died during WW1. I have been unable to prove he died then (surely as he had a wife and several children he would have been registered as missing presumed dead?). I have since found a mariage certificate for his daughters and he is not down as deceased. Would that mean he was living? I would mention that on one of the certificates the Grooms father is down as deceased but not the bride's.

This thread: