LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-04 > 1020229350

Subject: Re: [Lon] Cert oddity.
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 01:02:30 EDT

In a message dated 4/30/02 11:34:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

<< Since then I have known
other families (always of British heritage) who shared this practice. I
assumed it was some kind of English custom, at least for males.
Linda >>

Linda and group,

You think that is bad.In working our family tree we found two very large
branches in Canada. They can have as many as 5 given names and you never
know which of those 5 they will be using as their "call" name or the name
that they go by. Talk about confusing when I am asking for info about
William and they come back with "Oh, you mean Bruce". And Bruce is the
fourth of his five given names!!!

Annie in Minnesota

This thread: