LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-08 > 1028759793

From: "trevor.james" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Help with PIGGOTT in Heston/Brentford
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 23:36:33 +0100

Joe Bissett wrote:

Hi Listers,

I need some words of wisdom from folks familiar with the Parish of
Heston,
which Free BMD tells me was a part of Brentford from 1837 onward.
[SNIP]
My question:

Do parish birth/baptism/marriage records exist for Heston? If so, are
they
available? Where? Are Brentford records post 1837 annotated as Heston
sub-district, as appropriate? If so, I can begin to retrieve each of
these
post 1837 birth records to learn parents names; however, this could
prove
expensive if most births are NOT my line. On the good side, it should
only
take a few positive hits to begin 'to connect the dots' on my
Brentford/Heston line.
[SNIP]
Joe Bissett, PIGGOTT List Administrator/Rootsweb

Dear Joe,

According to Phillimore's Atlas & Index of Parish Registers(New edition,
1995):

MIDDLESEX
[No mention of Brentford as a parish]
Heston
Deposited original registers (1559-1965): Greater London Record Office
IGI: [Blank]
Local Marriage Indexes (1559-1837):
(a) (1559-1837) - Mr. C.R. Webb; Coldharbour Rd, Pyrford, WOKING,
Surrey. GU22 8SJ
(c) (1559-1837) - West Middlesex Society (Mrs. J. Huckle); 5 Florence
Gardens, STAINES, Middlesex. TW18 1HG
Copies of Registers at Soc. of Gen.: 1559-1819
Boyd's Marriage Index: 1559-1819
Pallot's Marriage Index: 1790-1837

HTH,
Trevor (York,UK)