LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-08 > 1030118562

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Birth in 1822
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:02:42 +0100

In message <02e301c24a56$87612a10$>, nina hart
<> writes
>I am at a loss as to how to find the birth registration for my gggrandfather
>Peter Owen Worsley born in 1822 in Hayes.

You won't find an official registration, since this did not start till
1837. You need the parish registers of Hayes (through LDS probably,
specifying Hayes MIDDLESEX, since there is another in Kent.)Failing
this, try chapels in the vicinity.
Doubled forenames like this tended to mean one of two things,
1. The family were better off than the normal, since most ordianry
people had one name only
2. He was illegitimate, the child of a Miss Worsley and (Peter) Owen.

--
Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society

This thread: