LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-08 > 1030583740

From: "Sue Given" <>
Subject: [Lon] 1901 CENSUS
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:15:40 +1000

What a wonderful site, experimental or not. I had no trouble logging on, maybe because its day here and night there.

I found my great grandfather "who started life as a 35 year old never having been born".

I also found the whole family, with childrens places of birth etc - the old mortar finally crumbled in the brick walls and they fell down.

To find the family, I found one member, and then next time just put in the surname and the civil parish in the keyword box. If you are lucky like me, the whole family may turn up.

Also, because of them being on the 1901 census, they must still have been alive, therefore that is less St Catherines records I have to go through looking for deaths - and then there's the will index - it has taken months of my research.

Hope it keeps going.

Sue - Australia

This thread: