LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-08 > 1030748291

From: Guy Etchells <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] 1901 Census - oldest man alive?
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 00:04:04 +0100

Sorry to dissapoint but Florence Barnes of Bolton aged 285, not a Higgs but
slightly older. :-))

slyviam wrote:

> I was momentarily impressed to find that my gg grandfather, Thomas Higgs,
> was almost the "oldest" Thomas Higgs alive in England 1901, age 85, sadly he
> was beaten out by this fellow: Thomas Higgs, age 224, a carman of Hanwell.

Wakefield England
I use CDs produced by Archive CD Books to assist fellow researchers Transcripts, Parish Records,
Calendar, Scaleable Map of Uk. Link to LDS website, Abbreviations, Returns of
Owners of Lands etc. etc. Whitefield
Transcripts, Etch/ells Transcripts Worldwide Cemetery Links, Monumental
Inscriptions, War Graves, etc. Yorkshire
Pages, Photos, and transcripts with a Yorkshire flavour

This thread: