LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-09 > 1031430417

From: "John Henley" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] 1901
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 21:26:57 +0100

Hi Nina,
----- Original Message ----- From: "nina hart" <>
> I decided to give my WORSLEY family one last chance to stop playing "hide
and seek" on this census. Although I think I've tried every combination and
spelling _'s & *'s, of this name possible, I am asking for your help.
> > All suggestions for variations I might try would be most welcome.> >
Thank you> Nina Hart, Langley, B.C. Canada

MOSSLEY? WORRLEY?
'o' can go to i, e, a, or be attached to preceding ascender- 'b'.
Try Wo*y, Wo*g, We*y and so on.
If you have someone with a certain birth year and place, searching on
Cheistian name only may work.
Cheers

John Henley
(still catching up on masses of emails )
using Archive CDs - see
http://www.archivecdbooks.org
and researching (and not finding much time for - but always very glad to
hear of any)
HENLEY, PARKER, PRENTICE, SECKER, RAPER, DURDEN
[IN London/Middx./Essex/Suffolk]
ROLFE, (O)RAFFERTY, EVANS, PARSONS, SYMONDS [IN Berks/Hants/Wilts]
HILL [IN Staffs/Cambs/Berks]

This thread: