LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-11 > 1036615740

From: "Rick Burrows" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] battersea
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 20:49:00 -0000

You may be interested to know that in the 1850's Price's Candles decided to
open a new plant in the North West near a seaport. They built this and a
complete model village at Bromborough Pool in Cheshire. I have a Joseph
Wagstaff in my tree who was one of the first workers to move up there from
Battersea.

Regards
Rick Burrows