LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2002-11 > 1038505824

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] apprentices - help needed
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 17:50:24 +0000

In message <003101c296fe$a08ab660$>, Gill Parker
<> writes
>I have found that William Mattingly was an apprentice to Samuel Jones a
>copperplate printer in Holborn in 1792. This info came from the London Book
>Trade. William does not appear in the Stationers Apprentices book. Please
>can anyone suggest where I might look for further information as I
>desperately need to know where he came from.

The name is not common, and turns up in North Berks and South Bucks, to
my knowledge. The Apprentice tax records at the PRO may give you his
origins, or at l;east his location at the time of apprenticeship.

--
Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society

This thread: