LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2003-02 > 1045073281

From: "Ann Hentschel" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Schroeder
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:08:01 -0500

Hello Charmian:

I don't have anything specifically for Louis SCHROEDER but if you let me
know your mailing address (off List ) I will send you copies of all the
SCHROEDER and SCHRODER entries that I have from St. George's German Lutheran
Church London and St. Paul's German Reform Church London. Sorry, too many
pages to scan to you. There was one LOUIS but he was a SCHRODER - a baptism
for his daughter Louise Mathilde 26 06 1884.

Are you familiar with the German "umlaut", the two little dots above a vowel
? The name SCHROEDER originally had an umlaut over the "O" and no "E". The
"E" after the "O" replaces the umlaut so that the pronunciation remains the
same. In this case I would be looking at all the SCHRODERs as well just
incase it's an anglicized version of SCHROEDER.

Ann Hentschel,
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada.