LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2003-05 > 1052582404

From: Sylvia Greenwood <>
Subject: [Lon] RMS CORSICAN
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 17:00:04 +0100 (BST)

Hallo agaiin, I know that RMS Corsican was one of the ships taking people to Canada. But, my father Charles Ross also had "Corsican" as his middle name. He was born in 1920. My dad always said that his father called him this name after a ship he had sailed on. Now, my grandfather had never sailed to Canada. But he had enlisted in 1897 into the Suffolk Regiment. He served in Karachi, Malta, amongst others. Then he re-enlisted in 1914 and served in the First World War. However, I can't seem to make the connection between this ship he had served on and his army service. Any ideas, thoughts, info. suggestions please would be most welcome. Thank you. Sylvia