LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2003-05 > 1052658766

Subject: Re: [Lon] Fw: Spread Eagle Pub
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 14:12:46 +0100 (BST)

Hi Phyllis
According to the Post Office Directory London 1902, 1 Kingsland Road (the Spread Eagle) was on the West Side. Kingsland Road is very long, and that part of it came under the Borough of Shoreditch. In 1902 the proprietor was Mrs Fay BARTLETT. Have a look at - this is an index of pubs in England in the 19th century - it is ongoing and consistently being updated, but there is a form there where you can request information.
Good luck
Joanna