LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2003-05 > 1052746562

From: "John Henley" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Re: Spread Eagle Pub
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 14:36:02 +0100

Hi Ken,
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Boyce" <>
> Another follow-up ( I got the bit between my teeth)
> >From the 1891 - 5a Kingsland Rd
> John J (or I). JOHNSON/Head/M/39/Club Manager/Londn Shoreditch/
> Mary Ann JOHNSON/Mother in Law/Widow/74?/ /Essex Leigh/
> Eliza MASTERS?/Sister in Law/S/38/ /London Haggerston/
> Eleanor? WATT?/Serv?/S/??/ / do do /
> > No wife is listed and the script is difficult to read

I should have thought to look up the street.:-) Out of curiousity would you
say it was IZZARD or TIZARD or LIZARD at No.1?
I think Eleanor may be Eleanor WEBB, in which case she may be the sister of
William T. WEBB at No. 1(the Spread Eagle) ????
In which case this may be her, and the suspiciously young age of 11 in 1891
is confirmed.
Dwelling: 34 Casterton St
Census Place: Hackney, London, Middlesex, England
Source: FHL Film 1341064 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 0296 Folio 44 Page
49
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Thomas WEBB M 35 M London City Of Bishops Gate, London, Middlesex, England
Rel: Head Occ: Printers Warehouseman
Susan M. WEBB M 38 F Shoreditch, Middlesex, England
Rel: Wife
Susan WEBB 15 F Shoreditch, Middlesex, England
Rel: Daur Occ: Stationers Packer
William T. WEBB 13 M Shoreditch, Middlesex, England
Rel: Son Occ: Stationers Office Boy
Alice WEBB 6 F Shoreditch, Middlesex, England
Rel: Daur Occ: Scholar
Emily WEBB 4 F Shoreditch, Middlesex, England
Rel: Daur Occ: Scholar
Eleanor WEBB 1 F Shoreditch, Middlesex, England
Rel: Daur
---------------------------
John Johnson is still with mother and still sans wife in 1881:
Dwelling: 5 Upper Arthur St
Census Place: Hackney, London, Middlesex, England
Source: FHL Film 1341066 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 0308 Folio 11 Page
16
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Mary A. JOHNSON W 54 F S Hackney, Middlesex, England
Rel: Head Occ: Needlewoman
Jno.T. JOHNSON M 32 M S Hackney, Middlesex, England
Rel: Son Occ: Warehouseman
Rob.J. JOHNSON U 20 M S Hackney, Middlesex, England
Rel: Son Occ: Carver & Gilder
Grace RINEVILLE M 18 F S Hackney, Middlesex, England
Rel: Daur Occ: Needlewoman
Oscar RINEVILLE M 23 M Plaistow, Essex, England
Rel: Son In Law Occ: Boot Finisher
Edwd. TRACEY U 14 M So Hackney, Middlesex, England
Rel: Son Occ: Messenger
Jno. ROUSE W 34 M Portsmouth
Rel: Lodger Occ: Plaisterer
Cheers

John Henley
(still catching up on masses of emails )
using Archive CDs - see
http://www.archivecdbooks.org
and researching (and not finding much time for - but always very glad to
hear of any)
HENLEY, PARKER, PRENTICE, SECKER, RAPER, DURDEN
[IN London/Middx./Essex/Suffolk]
ROLFE, (O)RAFFERTY, EVANS, PARSONS, SYMONDS [IN Berks/Hants/Wilts]
HILL [IN Staffs/Cambs/Berks]

---