LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2004-01 > 1073248945

From: Mike Gallafent <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] passenger lists to St Kitts
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 20:42:25 +0000

In message <>,
writes
>Can anyone tell me where I might find passenger lists for ships to St Kitts
>in the Carribbean.
>
>Also, where would I find the wills of people who lived and died on St Kitts?
>
>This is an area I am not at all familiar with and would appreciate some help

It's probable that wills of expatriates, particularly those of
significant wealth, would be proved in the Prerogative Court of
Canterbury. Some background reading might be advantageous here; a useful
set of reprints are now available of West Indian history. These
histories contain many names of the times. The Cass Library of West
Indian Studies has at least 28 titles, all published by Frank Cass & Co.
Ltd., Newbury House, 900, Eastern Avenue, London IG2 7HH. Their web
page:

www.frankcass.com

Mike.
--
Mike Gallafent - Publisher - CD 'Strangers, Foreigners & Aliens'
- CD 'Published Wills of London'