LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2004-02 > 1076786058

From: "Marjorie" <>
Subject: [Lon] Marylebone area
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:14:18 -0800

Please let me know if I am on the right list for the following
question?

We have tried to find a registration reference
for the following birth without success.

George Saunders Jacobs
Birth: 3 JUL 1858 in Queen Charlotte's Lying-in Hospital, [London]

I understand this is in the Marylebone area.

Would appreciate any suggestions or help anyone can give us in finding
the name of the father.

We know from 1881 census the mother, Esther Jacobs had 5 children and
was a widow. On the 3 son's marriage certificates it says John Jacobs,
father and at that time, from mid 1890's deceased.

Would this certificate have to say name of father or whether the child
was a bastard and if the latter where can we go from there?

Marjorie

This thread: