LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2004-03 > 1078711841

From: Rod Neep <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Sense in census CD's
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 02:10:41 +0000

In message <001a01c4040c$b6ec61c0$>, David Halliday
<> writes
>A genealogy enthusiast living in Cairns, North Queensland, wishing to
>get at a good library, would have to go to Sydney, as Queensland's
>State Library in Brisbane is not well equipped. That's nearly the same
>distance as London to Moscow.
>
>I have no doubt that our American, and other Commonwealth Listers +
>ex-pats in even odder places could give similar examples.

Sure.... I live in Gloucestershire, England, (where we have all the data
<g>) and my nearest LDS family history Centre is only 22 miles from
where I live....

However... one has to book to get onto a fiche reader... and there's
usually a waiting list of 7 weeks to get onto the reader in an evening
slot.

In those terms, Sydney's FHC would be easier. ;-)
Come to think of it... I may be there sometime next month.

Regards
Rod

>Having said that - I congratulate Rod Neep and his crew for what they
>are doing, their community spirit in what they charge - and their
>common sense pragmatism in the usage of their products.

Common sense is easier to work with ;-)
--
Rod Neep
Archive CD Books : http://www.archivecdbooks.org