LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2004-05 > 1085096858

From: Jan Glasby <>
Subject: Thanks and Census lookup please
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:47:38 +1000

Hi all,

Many thanks to everyone for their suggestions about finding the parents of
George and Elizabeth COULSON. I think I've found their son Thomas Tweedle
COULSON born in Camberwell in 1851.

I'm still a bit confused about the various censuses - which ones are name
indexed?

Could SKS please check for George COULSON and his wife Elizabeth (nee
TWEDDLE), probably in the Lambeth or Camberwell area, both born before
1824, I think, as their marriage cert said they were of full age?

Many thanks
Cheers
Jan
Canberra Australia

>Could sks tell me what I should do next?
>
>I've found that my gg grandparents George COULSON and Elizabeth TWEDDLE
>(sometimes TWEEDLE) were married at St John's Waterloo in the Parish of
>Lambeth 17 August 1845. Their residence at the time of marriage, as far
>as I can make out, is given as "Oakley Street".
>
>George's father was Thomas COULSON, Elizabeth's was Richard TWEDDLE. J.
>TWEDDLE and M. TWEDDLE were witnesses to the marriage.

This thread: