LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2004-05 > 1085473335

From: indy chick <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Can someone direct me from this point? Re: BMD entry....
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:22:26 +0100 (BST)

Brian,

If you go to the website of the General Register
Office you can order the birth certificate for
the record you've found on FreeBMD.

The extra info you'll get should be - where/when
born, father's name, mother's name and maiden
name , father's occupation.

TheGRO website is at
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

and you can order certificates on this page
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/births/obtainingbirthcertificates/index.asp

There is an online ordering service but I'm not
sure if this is available overseas (perhaps
someone else can confirm this?) however you can
download an order form and order via mail. As you
have the GRO reference from the FreeBMD site this
should be very easy to order.

I have ordered loads of certificates from the GRO
via their online ordering system and they are
usually very quick to send them.

Hope this helps

Wendy