LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2004-06 > 1086773330

From: "John Brown" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Re:Emma Hannah Shibley
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 10:28:50 +0100

<> wrote :

>In regard to Emma I am looking for: siblings and parents and if
>possible when she passed away. The information I have is her Birth >19th
January 1824: marriage to James Joseph Newton March 1841 >Islington. I
have only found 2 boys James Henry & Joseph John, I do >not know if they had
anymore children or not.

If you know her birthdate, have you not also got the place ? There is an
Emma Hannah SHIBLEY listed on ther IGI who matches the date, and has parents
James and Harriot SHIBLEY. Both the birth and christening dates are noted so
you should be able to find the christening record to see if this has any
more information.

Her marriage certificate should give an address to check in the 1841 census;
from birth or baptism records of the children, you may get addresses to
check in 1851. Have you tried the 1881 or 1901 censuses, both on-line ? To
find when she died, you need to search the BMD indexes.

John B
Leic., Eng

This thread: