LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2004-07 > 1090957338

From: Liz <>
Subject: Listowner Re: Subj: [Lon] Gale's Public and Academic Database Trial-can't get access
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:42:18 +0100

I would like this thread to stop, please.

It may not be the case here but in the past the Gale passwords have been
circulated round the Internet when it was not intended so I prefer we do
not publish them here in the open List.

I am aware that some of our subscribers have legitimate access via
academia and other libraries and institutions but normally these
password protected sites are for subscribers only. The subscriber is
usually an institution.

If it was intended to be a free *public* trial, without, for example, a
library, paying for a subscription I think Gale would have publicised it
as such .... but why would they give away what they normally sell?

So, as it is verging on off-ropic as well, please no more discussion in
the List.

Liz (Greenwich UK)
Co-owner
LONDON-L