LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2005-01 > 1105121164

Subject: Birth registered in last 50 years
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:06:04 EST

Happy New Year!

I've been asked via a friend of a friend to obtain a birth certificate for
someone who was born in 1960. The application form supplied by the GRO states
that if the birth was registered in the last 50 years then all of the
following details need to be completed;

Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Father's surname:
Father's forenames:
Mother's maiden name:
Mother's forenames:

As well as the childs name and surname the only information they know of the
above are the date of birth and mothers forename. As far as place of birth
goes they only know the country. I assume that the GRO requests the additonal
information for security reasons.

Will I be able to order the birth certificate for them?

Cheers,

Chris.

This thread: