LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2005-01 > 1105486902

From: Eve McLaughlin <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Alfred BURBIDGE Architect
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:41:42 +0000

In message <>,
>Hi Jean
>I'm afraid there are no Architects named Burbidge in
>either the 1902 PO London Directory or the 1902
>Kelly's London Suburban Directory (Northern
>Districts). Maybe he worked for someone else so
>wouldn't be listed.

see if you can find him in the 1901 census (index free, on line). He is
likely to be described as a builder then. There were only a few what
you might call 'proper' architects, of the sort who designed cathedrals
and corn exchanges. Those who worked locally tended to be members of
building firms.

Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society

This thread: