LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2005-05 > 1115155458

From: "Irene" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] London County Asylum at Banstead
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 07:24:18 +1000

I believe London Metropolitan Archives hold at least some of the Banstead
records

Found this in the Asylums webpage, used to live not too far away and vaguely
remember there being an asylum at Banstead,
The third Middlesex County Asylum was opened at Banstead, in Surrey, in
1877. See Miniature city under medical mayor - archive
1889? Became a Surrey asylum
In 1960s and 1970s (about), part of Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster
Area Health Authority (West London)
Demolished 1989 Site used for a prison.

Regards Irene