LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2005-08 > 1124526878

From: "Peter & Matilda Enlund" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] How far do you branch?
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:34:38 +1000

Dear List

I have ceased to be amazed by how many missing folk I have found by looking
at the wider family. I now just accept that it is the way to go to find
people.

Maiden names are sometimes found because a brother or sister of the wife was
there on census night. If the family surnames or middle names are unusual,
even better

The technology is there to use so why not take advantage of it? Several
generations can be completed in an hour or so using the census from 1861 to
1901 on Ancestry.com and who knows where it will lead. You also find that
you have information tht may be helpful to other on the various lists and a
random act of genealogical kindness brings joy to the receiver as well as
the giver.

Regards, Peter in Melbourne

This thread: