LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2005-11 > 1132612261

From: "Ron Lankshear (Sydney Aust)" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] question
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:31:15 +1100

Well they are all in London
Londoners did move frequently - usually in same area But a suburb or so
change was likely
But your folk really shifted around
That is just what they did - if the census has the results then that is
what they did

I just searched http://www.freebmd.org.uk/
for him "possibly" married to a Mary and plenty of results
In FreeBMD you click the page number in the reference for the hit list
and a list of potential couples appears

What you need to do is to find the birth of the children and order a
birth certificate - this should show the mother's maiden name and
perhaps also a previous married name if any
Then go back to FreeBMD and see if that name appears with same GRO
reference as Joseph

Ron Lankshear - many Links at http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~lankshear/

Philip Guit wrote:
> Is there anyway to be sure you have the correct people when ordering a
> marriage certificate.
>
> I have Joseph Arnold born Germany abt 1822 married to Mary born Middlesex.
> They have from 1871 census, children born, Peckham, St. Pancras Caledoman
> Road, Middlesex, St. Clement, Middlesex, Kennington, Surrey, Barbican
> Middlesex,
>
> There is a Joseph Arnold married Clerkenwell 1840. Are all these birth
> places near there. The 1871 Census for them is Battersea. 1861 is
> Westminster, St. Margaret. First child born St. Pancras1847. Also on other
> census he is born Holborn.
>
> I have found other JOseph Arnolds married around that time in London area
> that is why I ask how to know the correct one to order. Thank you
> Heather

This thread: