LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2005-12 > 1133801951

From: "James King" <>
Subject: RE: I am gutted!
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:59:11 -0500

It would be tragic if the symbol of London disappeared. I think that the
double decker is more easily identified with London than Trafalgar Square or
the Changing of the Guard.

As a side note, a family favorite on the tele was and still is On The Busses
with Reg Varney. Rumour has it that the series is available on DVD in
England, just a few video cassetts are available in Canada at this time.

My dad spoke of having to guide the bus through the fog on bad days. Usually
he rode it to work and home, but sometimes he had to walk in front so the
driver knew where the road was.

James in snowy Ottawa
Where they just put the double deckers to bed for the winter, an open upper
level just doesn't attract tourists at minus 30 centigrade.