LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2006-06 > 1149613841

From: Paula Goodfellow <>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:13:38 -0700

Simon, what do you mean by a Mormon message board? Are you trying to
research ancestors who were Mormons? Or do you want information about
the LDS family history library? Here is a link for LDS-genealogy:
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index/LDS-GENEALOGY which appears to
deal with questions related to the Family History Library. Here's
their FAQ page:
http://members.tripod.com/~Genealogy_Infocenter/ldsgen-list.html

Latter Day Saint, or LDS, is the term that members of the church
prefer over Mormon, although I think that most people nowadays will
not really even notice if you say Mormon rather than LDS.

If you're looking to research about Mormon family members, here's the
list of resources from Cyndis list, but I found that quite a few of
the links don't work:
http://www.cyndislist.com/lds.htm
If you are trying to find information about Mormon family, email me
privately, since it's beyond the scope of this list, and let me know
what you're looking for, and I can probably point you in the right
direction. I'm from Utah, although I live in California, and all my
ancestors had arrived in Utah by 1871. Paula