LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2006-06 > 1151155073

From: "Ron Lankshear (Sydney Aust)" <>
Subject: Re: [Lon]
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 23:17:53 +1000

This must be the birth you mention
Martha Margaret Marrison
Year of Registration: 1901 Apr-May-Jun
District: Mile End Old Town County: London, Middlesex
Volume: 1c Page: 459

Then in 1901 census there is this woman
Clara Marrison abt 1869 London City Supt Mile End Old Town London
She is at the East End Mother's Home
The transcriber copied Supt down from top of column
The word next to her is heavily crossed out but I think it is Patient

So I guess she is there having the baby - the list of people is a
mixture of Patient and Nurse and Housemaid etc perhaps Margaret was born
just after the census.

Possibly this is the father
Albert Edward Marrison
Year of Registration: 1872 Oct-Nov-Dec
District: Shoreditch County: London, Middlesex
Volume: 1c Page: 96

which brings up this in 1901 census East HamEssex

Albert Morrisonabt 1873Shoreditch, London, EnglandHead
Albert Morrisonabt 1898St Luke, London, EnglandSon
Clara Morrisonabt 1897St Luke, London, EnglandDaughter

He is a Hawker of Fancy goods - do you have him on a marriage
certificate to see if that agrees
Ron Lankshear - many Links at http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~lankshear/

Kathy & Jeff Footer wrote:
> Dear List
> My husband usually uses this site but I have to say that I have become hooked on the genealogy bug too!
>
> I am trying to find my GREAT-GRANDFATHER ALBERT EDWARD MARRISON. He was married to CLARA MAHONEY. Not sure of dates can only tell you that my GRANDMOTHER was born MARTHA MARGARET MARRISON in 1901 and married ROBERT SHAVE in 1923.

This thread: