LONDON-L Archives

Archiver > LONDON > 2006-08 > 1155009796

From: Mike Shingleton <>
Subject: Re: [Lon] Local history libraries links and Stepney area in Particular, electoral rolls and absent voters?
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 05:03:16 +0100

Bob

On the 1873 Ordnance Survey Map for Whitechapel Howard Buildings are
shown on Albert Street between Buxton and Pelham Streets. Albert
Street no longer exists though part of it is now renamed Deal Street.
See

<http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=534188&y=181893&z=1&sv=deal+street&st=1&tl=Deal+Street,+E1&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf>;

The area north of Woodseer Road (formerly Pelham Street) is the
section of Deal Street formerly known as Albert Street.

I would imagine that this area would come under the Tower Hamlets
Local History Library - that would be my first port of call.

Regards

Mike